“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
The truth be told, we all have our talents.
We all have the ability to do whatever we put our minds too.
I am sincerely proud of the seniors who attend our weekly painting sessions. They show us that they are not afraid to challenge their fears and start something new. It goes without saying that because we should never stop learning, life never stops teaching. Our seniors are ready to learn. They understand that their time is important and that their time must count.
The teacher of the weekly sessions is Fetsum. He is a multitalented artist who has been celebrated across Alberta. He is infinitely patient and kind. His knowledge is thorough, and his delivery is delicate. His thing are his paintings which have been described as visual proverbs. His desire is to be able to teach a generation how to use figure, still life objects and landscapes as a means of self-expression. According to his website, he communicates the cultural heritage and emotions of the places he has been and the experience of the culture of where he lives now. An extremely talented teacher, Fetsum has been able to communicate his vision through our seniors making increasing their skills and fostering their confidence.
Why should seniors join?
- A painting session is good for mental health. Interacting with other seniors and being able to talk to other human beings does something to our mental wellbeing.
- Painting allows the mind to be alert and in essence keeps mental disease away.
- Being a part of the seniors group allows you to learn new skills. It keeps the fire of your curiosity burning.
- You get a feeling of satisfaction at the end of the class; you have created something that may last forever.
- Taking the time to join the class, dedicating an hour every Saturday shows that age is just a number. The mind can learn anything it puts itself to.
- Painting with seniors shows us that the ability to see beauty never grows old.
For more information about joining, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org